|Office||237, Facultad de Matemáticas, Campus San Joaquin|
|chsadel [at] mat.uc.cl|
|Office Phone||(+56 2) 2354 4878|
|Office hours||Tuesday, Thursday, 10:45 – 12:15, or by appointment|
|Address:||Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Facultad de Matematicás
Av. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul
Santiago, 7820436, Chile
Topics of Interest
- Mathematical Physics, Dynamical Systems
- Transport Theory in Quantum physics
- Random and quasi-periodic operators
- Random and quasi-periodic cocycles
- Anderson model on graphs
Research Projects, Grant affiliations
Nucleo Mileneo Stochastic Models of Complex and Disordered Systems ( Nucleo website )
The general objective of this Nucleus is to address fundamental questions in the stochastic modeling of disordered and complex systems arising in the natural sciences, social sciences and engineering.
Current Project: Linear and non-linear random operators on graphs (Fondecyt Regular 2016, Grant 1161651)
Objects of study are certain classes of random Hermitian operators typically with a random potential which can be associated to certain graph structures.
The main questions are about spectrum and spectral transitions.
Here is the abstract of the project.
It is possible to do a Master or a PhD Thesis within this project.
Potential Postdocs are welcome for joint applications of a Fondecyt Postgrado grant within the fields of Spectral Theory, Probability or Dynamical Systems.
Possible research topics for students:
- Critical energy region on the Anderson model on antitrees
- Critical spectral (energy) regions for one-channel operators
- Radial transfer matrix dynamics of higher dimensional disordered systems
Work in progress:
- GOE statistics for the Anderson type model along sequences of antitrees and thin blocks with deformed Laplacian in $\ZZ^3$ with fixed disorder strength
- Radial transfer matrices for Hermitian operators and absolutely continuous spectrum