|Office||237, Facultad de Matemáticas, Campus San Joaquin|
|chsadel [at] mat.uc.cl|
|Office Phone||(+56 2) 2354 4878|
|Office hours||Monday, Thursday, 14:00 – 15:00, or by appointment|
|Address:||Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Facultad de Matematicás
Av. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul
Santiago, 7820436, Chile
Topics of Interest
- Mathematical Physics, Dynamical Systems
- Transport Theory in Quantum physics
- Random and quasi-periodic operators
- Random and quasi-periodic cocycles
- Anderson model on graphs
Current Project: Linear and non-linear random operators on graphs (Fondecyt Regular 2016, Grant 1161651)
Objects of study are certain classes of random Hermitian operators typically with a random potential which can be associated to certain graph structures.
The main questions are about spectrum and spectral transitions.
Here is the abstract of the project.
It is possible to do a Master or a PhD Thesis within this project. Master Students can be offered some small compensation.
Accepted PhD students would get an additional grant by the department or by Fondecyt.
Potential Postdocs are welcome for joint applications of a Fondecyt Postgrado grant within the fields of Spectral Theory or Dynamical Systems.
Possible research topics:
- Critical energy region on the Anderson model on antitrees
- Critical spectral (energy) regions for one-channel operators
- Continuous analogs of antitree models
Work in progress:
- GOE statistics for the Anderson type model along sequences of antitrees and thin blocks with deformed Laplacian in $\ZZ^3$ with fixed disorder strength
- Radial spectral analysis approach for discrete self-adjoint operators with locally finite hopping.